Bear in mind – what is meant by bear in mind?mybloggernow January 5, 2019 0 COMMENTS
The phrase ‘bear in mind’ may seem like a fancy impression but its meaning is simple. Imagine you have a big brown bear inside your mind and he is very loud, so maybe you cannot forget him because of the amount of activity. So your ‘bear’ is in your ‘mind’
- Bear means to ‘to carry’ or keep in your mind. Bear in mind simply means to remember something. It is pretty much used under the same circumstances in which you use the word remember. For instance, when you warn someone not to forget something, you may use ‘bear in mind’.
- It means to remember a piece of information when you are making a decision or thinking about a matter. Bear in mind also means to allow or taken into account some possibility in future too.
The phrase ‘bear in mind’ usually follows a fact or a set of facts. Let us understand the phrase with the help of some examples:
- Cristae said, ‘Drive slowly, bear in mind you have children sitting in the back seat’.
- When you speak to Lee, bear in mind he is still pretty upset about what happened.
- If you talk to Bruce, please bear in mind that he still might be upset on what happened today.
- Please bear in mind, that you may have a surprise test at any time this week, so make sure you study.
- Of course, the repair work is expensive and you have to bear that in mind when going for it.
- Bearing in mind how young she is; I think she did really well.
- Here are 5 things to bear in mind about creativity.
- Bear in mind that police stations are limited in the more isolated parts.